Call for volunteers
On behalf of ICMA.gr, to be held October, 2020, in Athens.
The International Conference on Multilingualism, Athens will be a great time and an exciting opportunity for all interested in bilingualism and multilingualism. To make the Conference a great success, we depend on students and other volunteers with good English language skills.
Volunteers for ICMA.gr will be the first contact for many of the attendees. Their critical role will be to welcome foreign and local participants, and to foster a spirit of helpfulness and hospitality.
We would very much appreciate your assistance in helping to make this Conference a positive and memorable experience for all delegates.
We would like to give an opportunity to a few selected individuals to be a part of the preparation team, and to participate in the conference preparation.
Why should you volunteer?
- Unique opportunity to be a part of something exciting
- Get an insider’s view on being part of an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people, as well as leading experts in the fields of multilingualism
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
ICMA.gr gladly offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts
- A certificate of participation
- Possibility to learn first about other volunteer opportunities, internships, and paid positions at our events
Volunteer Positions (on location):
Greeter/Hostess for Conference venue
Welcome attendees at the Congress venue, offer directional assistance, Conference Room Monitor
Registration Desk Representative
Supporting the Registration Desk Register participants for the Conference, distribute Conference materials, etc. Provide local advice and information
for workshops, fire-side chats, and advisory sessions
Session Room Monitor
Ensure the smooth running of the session, assisting the speaker where required, session attendance tracking, etc.
Volunteer Positions (preparation):
Research, database and back-office assistance
Marketing and promotion assistant
Visitor co-ordinator assistant
Speaker co-ordinator assistant, programme curator assistant
Sponsor co-ordinator assistant
Other positions according to your particular skill set
You are required to:
- Speak fluent English
- Commit to (at least) 6 half day shifts (3-4 hours each) of volunteering (Preparation team)
- Commit to (at least) 2 full day shifts (8 hours each) of volunteering (On-location team)
- Agree to the dress code for the event
- Attend a mandatory training session
Positions will be assigned according to qualifications, and in order of applications received. Please contact: email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation in this unique event. Thank you for your support!